Vice-President, Wealth Planning
As Vice-President, Wealth Planning, Mark Skeggs helps explore succession, tax, retirement and estate planning issues for our business owner and high net worth clients.
Prior to joining Gluskin Sheff in 2020, Mark spent the first fourteen years of his career in the High Net Worth, Private Company Services group at PwC LLP where he was responsible for the creation and implementation of effective tax strategies for wealth preservation and accumulation in the context of tax, estate and succession planning for owner-managers of private companies, senior executives of public companies and professional athletes. In 2011, he joined RBC Wealth Management Services where he served as a Business Owner Specialist and High Net Worth Specialist; and continued serving as a trusted business advisor to clients and providing tax, estate and succession planning advice.
Mark has received various awards in recognition of his outstanding contributions to the community. Mark is a dedicated father and when he is not playing himself, he enjoys coaching his children’s hockey and soccer teams.
DESIGNATIONS, SPECIALTIES & EDUCATION
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP®)
- Chartered Life Underwriter (CLU®)
- Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Advance Certificate in Family Business Advising
- CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course (Levels I, II & III)
- Advanced Tax Issues for the Owner-Managed Business Course
- Corporate Reorganizations Course
- Bachelor of Commerce (Hons.), Queen’s University
BOARDS, COUNCILS & MEMBERSHIPS
- Member of the Gift Planning Advisory Committee for Queen’s University
- Chair of the Board of Evaluators for CPA Ontario
- Vice President and Treasurer for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Ontario
- Ontario representative for the International Qualifications Appraisal Board of CPA Canada
Learn more about expanding wealth today.Get In Touch